Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's raining lambs.

Gary and I were working on the chicken barn most of the day today. Around 3:30 I felt like I needed to go and check on Lovey, I was pretty sure that she was going to lamb today. I walked in the barn to find her just starting into labor with her water bag exposed. She got right down to business and did an awesome job delivering healthy twins. The first born was a black lamb with a very small krunet (white head spot) marking. As the second lamb emerged, it looked as though it was also black. Okay...no fancy spots, but I am expecting my flecket ewes to give me some spotty lambs.

Then as the second lamb started to dry off, I looked at the eye rims and tongue. Really dark moorit (brown)!
Here are the new girls......YES I SAID GIRLS! I know this because I felt them up about 5 times just to be sure I hadn't missed something. So, the tally is 3 girls, 2 boys, boo-yah!

"Watching all these babies get born makes me really tired".

Needless to say, I will have more pictures later. This shepherd is really tired too.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on the girls AND the so-dark moorit!!!

~*Sarah*~ said...

You mean...Crosswinds Farm produces *gasp* FEMALES?

Unheard of! ;)

they're dang cute too.

dang cute.

I want them.

Tammy said...

Wonderful Pictures and lovely lambs! You are blessed. I'm ready for Spring too. Real Spring. :-)
Tammy

Copyright info

Creative Commons License
The content of Crosswinds Farm blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.