Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Just something to think about

Things are getting back to normal around here. We drove rent-a-ram back to Wisconsin on Saturday.....and I didn't bring any sheep back with me! I am so proud of myself. I spent most of the day today cleaning and rearranging my barns, reuniting the groups of ewes, and adding fresh bedding for the girls. The high temperature was almost 60 degrees today, a wonderful change from the low teens and single digits of just a couple days ago....I even went Carhartt-less today! Now, if we could only do away with the mud.


Anyway...since there is not much new happening, I thought that I would share some of the fascinating "goings on" in Eldridge. Every Wednesday is when our local paper comes out. It is filled with news and gossip from all of the rural towns in Scott county. My very favorite section of the paper, has to be the police reports. I have added a couple of them here for you to ponder.

Now, I don't know, maybe it's just me thinking irrationally, but I'm wondering... if police officers find a drunk driver stuck on the ice...should they free him?




Hmmmmm...I don't recall ever having locked myself inside of my vehicle, maybe it's because my door handles are still intact?

Just something for you to think about.

2 comments:

~*Sarah*~ said...

and secondly, if you're driving a vehicle that the door handles have broken off....why are you worried about locking it??

because, I'm just GUESSING here, but I can only imagine they're just part of a list of broken & missing parts on the "rustinator"

Unknown said...

its almost a late night talk show pun. the officer 'handled' it. good writing.

Copyright info

Creative Commons License
The content of Crosswinds Farm blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.